Tucker & Hailey


 

"Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!" - Thomas Hood

Many of you have heard me mention some of the firsts Tucker accomplished in his last weeks on earth. Though his bucket list was limited because of our circumstances one of the most important thing on it was to send a real valentine to the girl he had a crush on. She was his best friend and her name was Hailey. For Valentines Day she sent him a family picture, which he hung in his room at Doernbecher. He had wrote her a letter complete with hand drawn and family pictures as well. This wasn't just a Valentine it was also a goodbye letter. He began telling her he would never forget her and ending it by telling her that he thought she was pretty. entrusted his Aunt Deborah to hand deliver it to her.

74f30-sdc11103

Hailey, along with other school mates would send Tucker letters thru their teacher and thru CaringBridge. Yesterday, she sent this one. I just had to share it with you all. It brought me to tears and I am so grateful that Tucker touched and impacted so many people in this world. I am so grateful that he got to experience what it was like to be sweet on a girl and to know that she care about him in return. And of all the girls in the world he sure knew how to pick them....Hailey is something special.

 

Via CaringBridge Journal (Unedited)

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:15 PM

Countless tears I have shed, countless prayers i have prayed, countless thoughts i have thought..all for you Tucker. Tucker you are truely my insparation. If anyone ever ask's me who inspires me? Well thats easy, you, Tucker you inspire me on so many levels I wanna be just like you, Tucker Arnold. Your amazing. Everything about you inspires me. You know, I want to thank you for everything. And even though you probably didnt realize it but you held on to life just long enough so you wouldnt die on my birthday? You held on for 2 hours just long enough so you wouldnt pass on my birthday? Now thats amazing, that is truely incredible. And even though you dont know it i write about you on facebook sometimes. People always ask whos that? I say the most inspiring, incredible,amazing person ever! Tucker I can never repay you for everything you have done for me. You taught me life, love, death, streangth and what a true hero looks like plus sooo much more. I could never write enough to show how much I miss you. Tucker I never stop thinking about you, never, even when im spleeping i dream about you. And how horrible my life would have been if i hadnt met you. Countless laughs we have shared, countless smiles we have traded, countless moments I WILL charish FOREVER. Tucker you will live on forever in my heart, and forever in my soul.

Hailey Coleman

Comments